Jeep Road Trip
An original and sporty way to reach the Bou el Mogdad cruise
Combining a unique adventurous moment in a Willys jeep discovering the variety of landscapes of Senegal and its authentic villages, off the beaten tracks. From Lake Rose to Saint Louis through the beach and the dirt tracks into the Senegalese bush, meeting a warm and still genuine culture.
Thanks to a professional supervision combining comfort and safety, you will let yourself guide by the convoy or, if you prefer, you can choose the track yourself to reach the different stages of the day. You will go through original and varied routes: you will cross baobab forests, drive over sandy dunes, explore the savannah and the African bush…
The co-driver will guide the driver through stunning landscapes, equipped with a GPS and a road-book. The driver’s skills and the co-driver’s acumen will help you establish routes proficiently at the pace of your choice.
WEDNESDAY: Dakar – Lac Rose
- Arrival at the airport, bus shuttle to the Lake Rose
- First contact
- Journey briefing
- Accommodation in a comfortable hotel “Chez Salim”
THURSDAY: Lake Rose – Lompoul Desert
- After breakfast, we will start the trip with a tour of the Lake Rose and the discovery of salt collecting activities by the local population. Driving on the tracks to Kayar, the largest traditional fishermen village of the country.
- After a pick-nick in the bush for lunch, we will reach the small Lompoul Desert either by the beach (if the tidal schedules allow it), either by the market gardening areas, in different stages and through the tracks, to allow you to admire the landscapes and to meet with locals. Possibilities of going on a camel ride, dune bashing, or just strolling bare feet on the sand.
- Accommodation and dinner in a Berber campsite
FRIDAY: Lompoul Desert – Langue de Barbarie
- We will reach North Senegal by the bush through tracks and sand dunes. Then, baobab forests and remote villages where we will regularly stop to attend and participate in the local inhabitants’ life and visit a school.
- After a pick-nick by the water on the Langue de Barbarie in the shade of the filao trees, we will arrive shortly after noon so we will be able to enjoy the places of the Lodge and we will spend the night under a South African style tent, right by the water where you will be able to bathe and try nautical activities. Get ready for a shower gazing at the stars, to the sound of zebus’ herds coming back to their cowshed.
- Accommodation and dinner in the Ocean & Savane Lodge under tents on stilts or, at the client’s choice, in a bungalow on the edge of the Langue de Barbarie.
SATURDAY: Langue de Barbarie – Saint-Louis
- Leaving to Saint-Louis at the end of the morning
- Arrival at the hotel La Résidence for lunch (cruise programme starts)
The price of this adventure trip includes:
- Shuttle bus from the airport to the Lake Rose
- Three accommodations under double tents with dinner at night (drinks not included)
- Midday lunches with drinks during the day
- Technical assistance with a responsible organising guide
- An air-conditioned off-road vehicle for assistance and two mechanics